Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 13:41:54 +0000
Hi All - A few months ago I came across an article from the British Small
Animal Veterinary Association's Manual of Exotic Pets about a research
project using Delvosteron made by Intervet (Proligestone 100mg/ml).  The
article stated that there were no observable side effects and the product
did not affect the heat cycle the following year, even if used for a second
time.  So, I used it on my jill, as I did not want to breed her this year -
she had a late season pregnancy last year and came into heat early in
February this year.  In less than a week all signs of vuvular swelling were
gone, and she has shown no signs since.  A number of ferret owners here in
Israel have also used it with no problems.

I decided to start giving my kidds frozen and thawed mice again, and so
thawed them out, dressed them in a little ferretone, as 1 out of the 3 had
never had the joy of a mouse meal, and all went well, except the next day,
it became very, very clear that someone had hidden his mouse instead of
eating it.  Understand, Israel is in the middle of a rather severe heat
wave.... I keep my kidds in a large ferret room with lots of boxes,
blankets, tubes etc... And I cant find the darn 3rd mouse!!!!!  <sigh>

Take care,

Beverly Burge
Zoological Assistant - Jerusalem Zoo
http://www.itmi.com/jeruzoo/