From:
Kathy Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:52:59 -0600
Hi Everyone
I too saw the ferret episode of Ed and taped it.  I am kinda sitting on the
fence about the portly of the ferrets.  John Goodman brought them into the
bowling alley to scare away business to force the owner into selling him
the alley.  Everyone was running out of the alley and inside they were
doing a tip toe run to avoid the ferrets.  There must have been 20 ferrets
running free inside the alley.  So cool.  They showed a closer shot of two
on the counter.  I wouldn't say it was a positive portrayal but it wasn't
totally negative either.  Either way the ferrets were adorable.

I am taking the challenge on what the F.M.L. has done for me.  It has made
me laugh, cry, think, learn, and question.  I have met many people that I
haven't yet met in person, but feel I know.  It has taught me not to
judge, and how to still get my point across while remaining compassionate.
Mostly, it has taught me about how much these little furballs mean to us.
It reminds me of something my vet said.  He has never seen a more dedicated
group of people then ferret owners.  That he wishes everyone was as devoted
toward pets as we all are.

Side Note: I really hope after losing Dr. Williams that some people on the
list have learned.  Obviously some didn't get the point when we lost Bob C.
Things settled down for a time then went right back to the way they were.
It kind of reminds me of bad drivers.  They see an accident, adjust there
driving habits for a time, and eventually slip right back into their old
habits.  Lets not let the same thing happen here, and remember we have
suffered this more than twice.

Kathy and the Ferret Collective-the reminders