From:
William Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 10:13:46 -0400
>From:    Lisa Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Filed my first claim for reimbursement on a left adrenal surgery.  It
>came back denied because of prior medical conditions.  First of all it
>only took them about 2 months to process (ugh!)
>
>Well I was denied because (1) His eye had an infection in the past.
>(2) he had to go on sulcrafate for gastro problems and some other
>unrelated problems
>
>Ok, what does any of that have to do with Adrenal disease?  Just my
>opinion, but I would not recommend the insurance.  I am canceling the
>policy asap.

Hi Lisa,

Glad you let us know.  I have this insurance also and have not had need
to use it as of yet.  Its coming up for renewal and I very well may not
renew.  I'd have your vet write them a letter on his letterhead stating
that this is NOT a preexisting issue.  I know that shortly after I
insured Salem that VPI started requiring a certificate of health from
your vet that was not more than 30 days old before they would issue
insurance.  Let us know how you come out.

Regards,
Hawk & Patrick,
Salem, Faye, Bandit, Bowser and Bailey the ferts
Pyewacket the cat
and Smokey the African Grey
and introducing Azriel the grey haired, green eyed kitten.
Blessings to all animals great and small and those of us who love and
adore them.