From:
Katherine Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 7 May 1994 11:40:19 -0400
To anyone who's unclear about the current status of ferrets in California:

Despite all the positive publicity, despite what appeared to be very good
odds, the bill to legalize ferrets in California DID NOT PASS.  Ferrets
are STILL illlegal in California!  Calif. anon members must STILL be very
careful!!  My understanding is that the pro-ferret folks are looking for a
Democrat to co-sponsor an introduction of the bill, as it apparently was
voted down on partisan lines (the sponsor of the failed bill was a
Republican).  Contact the California Domestic Ferret Association or
Ferrets Anonymous in San Diego for more information on how you can help!

To PRAHMAN, Paul in Michigan --

Thanks for the summary of the Michigan ferret legislation -- I've posted
it on CompuServe in the Small Mammals Section of the Pets/Animal Forum (GO
PETSFORU).  Please keep us posted -- I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Katie Fritz
CompuServe Small Mammals Section (S11) Co-Leader, Pets/Animals Forum
Internet: [log in to unmask]   CompuServe: 71257,3153