Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 7 May 1994 11:43:14 -0400
I have been getting the FML for a few short weeks, ever since I bought my
fuzzy little carpet shark.  I love this list and thinks it is the most
wonderfull thing in creation for ferret owners.  I live in SC, where it is
legal to own ferrets but you can not sell them.  Alot of people just but
cages, and poof ferrets show up in them somehow:-).  One person was talking
about she had moved or was in the process if moving to a new place with a
futon.  WEll I have a futon and two ferrets.  The love crawling all over it,
but I have not had any problems with them tearing it apart.  I did have one
short lived experiance with Knite my 10 week old sable male.  He did not
want to get up and go to his bathroom and used a corner of my futon as a
potty.  Well since then he has not done that again.  One of my big questions
for everyone is, Knite has his litter pan in the bathroom, and uses it most
of the time, but for some reason he goes in two other places one less than
three feet from his pan, and the other next to my computer system in the
corner.  I have a one room studio apt.  plus bathroom and closet.  Why is he
doing this?

The other big question is, I just got my second ferret, Kasey, a silver
mitt female.  She is about half the size of Knite, and just a feisty.
Knite loves to play with her, but I fear that he will hurt her, he drags
her around by the scruff of the neck, like one of his toys.  They seem to
play a little hard for my standards, anyone have any ideas.  Thanks to
you all.
                               Vincent, Knite and Kasey