From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 00:20:51 EDT
>It was with a very heavy heart that I decided to let him go.  I was
>there through the whole thing.  God, I hope I did the right thing.

Hi Roger ~

While none of us can say whether the horrible decision you had to make
was right or wrong, I can share with you something about my experiences
here on our farm.  Animals have a certain dignity, it is pure and free.
They do not want to experience pain or indignities any more than we do.
Each of my animals I have had to put down (all due to illness), I did
it by looking into their eyes and seeing that they knew.  They are so
intuitive that animals know when something natural is going to happen
to them, and, death is natural.  So to save a little one from pain or
indignity or a prolonged illness where they are totally dependent on you
is not wrong.  It is a very hard gift we give our little ones--to let
them go.

Bless you!

Warmly ~
Mary