From:
Kevin Groninga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 15:34:28 -0700
I wanted to thank all of you that have been sending us e-mails in regards
to our lovely Sedona and her beautiful litter of nine kits.  We really
appreciate all the nice things you've said and we hope that we can continue
to do innovative things on the internet to help educate the ferret
community.

If anyone is curious as to what we're talking about, 4 weeks ago Sedona
gave birth to the most wonderful litter of nine kits.  We have been
following their progress with daily photos and brief description of how
they've been progressing each day of the 7 weeks that they will be with us.
So far, it's been very entertaining.

I would like to stress however that in no way are we trying to glamorize
the practice of breeding nor or we advocating that anyone try.  Breeding
can be very costly, time-consuming and heartbreaking.  You run the risk of
losing jills and kits not to mention hours of sleep.  One must be very well
informed about the biology of ferrets and financially prepared for the
consequences.  It would be wise to also have the help and expertise of a
good veterinarian as well as other breeders should you encounter problems.
If you are considering breeding your ferrets and only have one or two pair,
please....... Think again......

Anyway, I'll step off my soapbox now..... If you would care to see our
daily diary of Sedona and her little brood, you can visit them at:

http://www.wuzzles.com/ferrets/sedonal1/index.htm

Kevin & Julie Groninga
'West Valley Wuzzles!'
Ferret Breeding, Rescue & Shelter