From:
Paige Marie Baldassaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 14:19:31 -0500
I might just have the most laid back ferret in the world!  I am owned by
Hershey, a ~3 yr old male sable.  Last night, we visited with my friend and
her cats.  The adult cats just lurked, or fled, from Hershey as he examined
every corner of her house.  the kitten (who weighs about as much as he does
now), his name is Chandler, wanted to play with this weird thing, but
didn't know how.  He would bat at Hershey and pounce on Hershey, typical
cat games.  Hersh would mostly ignore him.  Then, when Hersh would want to
show Chandler ferret games, Chandler would run like the wind!  It was so
cute!

Eventually, Hershey tired and went to his carrier to sleep for a bit.
Well, chandler still wanted to play.  So, he went up to Herhsey and kept
batting Herhsey on the nose, across the face and on top his head.  Herhsey
was so laid back about it, he just stayed there and ignored the kitten!
Sometimes, he would barely raise his head and look at the kitten as if to
say, "Do you mind???" At which point, the kitten would jump back, Herhsey
would put his head down again, and the kitten would start right back up!

There was a cat condo on top of a stool that Herhsey wanted to get into and
it was a bit tall for him and I think the cat condo was more of a nuisance
to Hersh than the kitten.  That is one laid back ferret!

Never once did Herhsey utter a sound, fight, back up in fear, or bottle
brush his tail.  He new this kitten was no threat.  He is such a great
ambassador for ferrets.  Made momma proud!

Paige (*grin*)
Hershey (*yawn*, go 'way cat, ya buggin' me and ya ain't got no cheerios)