From:
Beth Stoker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 08:10:57 -0700
I've been noticing a trend lately that I would like to ask, beg, plead every
one to stop...

There is a lot of debate going on right now about who or what type of
lifestyle makes healthy good ferrets and that if a ferret dies from adrenal
cancer they are some how defective.

Well folks every thing dies.  People die, animals die and plants die.  When
your flowers wilt and die in the fall do you call them defective?  No, they
lived out their natural lifespan and you were able to accept it.  When your
grandmother dies at 80 of cancer do you call her defective?  No, she lived
out her natural life span, regardless of what caused her to die, and you are
able to accept it.  So why is it that when our ferrets, the ones that give
us so much love and life get ill or die - why can't we just accept it?

I have been reading this list for a quite a while now and I love it.  The
practical advice is wonderful.  The stories about the amusing things our
fuzzies can do is great.  The sad stories about letting go of our loved ones
is heartbreaking but it also helps us to prepare for that day we must all
eventually go through.  The honest reviews of products is extremely helpful.
I would just ask that we all go back to discussing those things, instead of
arguing with each other or demeaning our ferrets by labeling them RinferiorS
because they do as nature insists.

Beth, Minerva & Frumpstiggle