Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 03:10:10 -0700
Ok, I never post and I usually just skip the posts when people start
throwing things back and forth, but I'm stepping in on this issue.  I went
to the website that has the pictures of how the ferrets were living.  It was
enough for me.  I personally don't care who gets the credit for rescuing
them and the bickering etc. that happened afterward.  All I can say is
Thank the Goddess they were rescued!!!  I'm sure that whoever is going to go
through the personal hell of trying to deal with that scumbag to rescue the
ferrets will know what to do with them afterwards, no matter which country
they go to.  From the continuing posts that I've read, it seems that they
are doing as well can be expected.  This is all that matters to me.  I know
that deep down this is all that matters to anyone who has ferrets.  Folks,
getting our personal feelings stepped on when deciding who and what
shelter/country/home they go to matters very little to those poor fuzzies
who were out there suffering, starving and freezing.  What matters is that
they are SAFE.  I personally applaud each and every single person who runs a
shelter and/or rescues fuzzies whether you're bickering amongst yourselves
or not.  The simple fact is, I CAN'T do it.  I wish I was strong enough to
handle the agony and yes, the joys but I can't even watch cartoons in which
animals die.  Thankfully there are people out there who CAN do this and they
do.  I thank you and my fuzzies thank you.  I'll step down now.  I guess one
rant in 3 years is ok.

Peace,

Liz Zink    Quincy, Mischieva & Sinbad: my babies
"Giving me a name tag that said, 'Elim Garak, former Cardassian
oppressor' was hardly polite."
               <<<<<Garak from DS9 episode Things Past>>>>>