From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 08:28:04 EST
I must disagree with Marshalls that kits should be kept in cages with
cloth bedding and hammocks.  Baby ferrets will eat anything, and
especially love to chew on soft bedding.  The only hammock I would use
in a kit cage is the nylon type, and even then I would watch it very
carefully.  Kits under about 16 weeks should be given small cardboard
boxes to sleep in, Kleenex boxes, cut down cereal boxes, etc.  Even if
they chew on the cardboard, it turns to mush and breaks down fairly easily
in the gut, and gets passed without a problem.  Not the case with cloth.

[DA]