From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 20:51:56 -0800
I'm so lucky!  I live where each Christmas season, theme decorated boats go
up and down the rivers.  Tonight I watched a half dozen Christmas trees, a
jet and a bi-wing airplane, several santa sleighs, a spouting whale, paddle
wheel boat, the 3 wise men, a segaro cactus (I have no idea?), ringing
bell, wing flapping angel, toy chest, santa face saying Ho Ho Ho, a blue
goose in a red muffler, and a champaign bottle with 2 glasses - all from
the comfort (and warmth) of my house while holding my ferrets!  The boats
do this every night for about 10 days, and gather in a different spot each
time.  Since I live in a moorage with nearly 200 houses, we are treated
several times to the boats being right outside our homes and cruising up
and down for our enjoyment.

The ferrets are pretty disinterested in this wonderful display, but tonight
the 2 girls were quite disturbed by the audible Christmas carols being
played.  I guess it just wasn't their taste in music!

I meant to post this before, but I too have a ferret that doesn't eat well,
and about whom I worry constantly.  When I feed the ferrets duck soup Neugi
wants his fed to him while I hold him, and from a spoon!  If I just set the
bowl on the floor he won't touch it, and if I push him up to it he thinks
it's a terrible thing.  However... if I either dip a spoon into the bowl
and let him lap from it, I can gradually lower the spoon into the bowl and
he will begin eating - or I can dip my fingers into it and he will lick
them while I bring my hand into the bowl and soon he's eating directly from
the bowl.  But each time we must go through one of these rituals.  And
sometimes I just get the spoon and feed him the way he wants.  I would
rather feed my ferret than fold laundry anyway!

Georgia