From:
dayna frazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 16:48:19 -0500
Hi Everybody..

I wanted to take a minute to share something with you..  Our Shelter rang
out the old year with a wonderful donation from Yuki B., for which we are
very grateful...thank you so much Yuki..

And we rang in the new year with a phoned pledge for one knitted snuggly
warm ski cap [man's size..runs abut 96 cents - $1.00 for each one at WalMart
or a 'Dollar' store we are told by our delightful donor!]..  but not just
one for January..  oh, no..  we will receive one at the first of each month
for a whole year!!!  This is such a significant and valuable pledge..  It
means every fuzzy at this shelter will have their very own ski cap to snooze
in or on..  and when new fuzzys come to us [thanks to Yuki's generosity] the
next batch of little ones will have their cap waiting!

to some of you this is one of those 'This is a big deal?' things..  Well,
you see the gentleman who pledged the ski caps is very old and barely makes
it from month to month on Social Security.  His only family is his little
ferret..  adopted from this shelter.  He does without so his fuzzy has the
best of everything..  When he got the notice of the increase for his monthly
income from the Federal Gov't.  he decided he really didn't need it cause he
had everything he needed..  a fuzzy to love and care for..  so he decided to
spend that little bit of extra on other fuzzys as needy as his little one
once was..

We have been so blessed this last year..  to Margie for ingenious help and
thoughtfulness, to Gary H.  for his wonderful Timmy's Tonic and behind the
scenes overwhelming caring and help, to the Ways for the incredible role
they played in both my personal life and the very existence of this shelter,
to Bob M. for his always being there for us in so many ways, to C.B. who was
our Cavalry coming over the hill more than once, to Linda S. who made very
sure each and every little one has everything from vaccines to treats soon
after we arrived in the 'east', to Judith who was so very caring and helping
through out the year, and to a host of others to whom we are very very
grateful!  To everyone who sent TF when we needed it most..  Our deepest
thanks to you all..

From the single dollar of one donor which purchased the life saving shot to
bring a little one out of a vaccine reaction to our most generous
supporters..  you are our Shelter Family and every little one we have been
blessed with helping is Your Little One too..

Those of you who sent healing wishes and prayed for our little ones we want
to give a special thanks..  as every shelter operator knows there are always
those little ones that all the money and skill in the world just can't give
enough to turn the tide for them..  it is those sweet little fuzzys that
have all of you to thank for that 'something' extra and unseen that got them
through and gave them a wonderful life to look forward to.  It is you
special people that got Foggy through so long ago and just a few weeks ago
it was you that brought the little battered ferret, Felipe Noel, through
that long and desperate night into the light of the morning..

So whether it was material aid or help of another kind..  these little
fuzzys are far more Your Shelter Kids than they are mine..  You did your
Kids Proud!!!

May this New Year return to you the Light and Beauty you so generously gave
Your Shelter Kids...

dayna..Caregiver to the woozles of the MMOMM rescue/shelter