From:
Lynn Mcintosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 1995 12:41:51 -0800
Hi,

I'm wondering, of all you ferret fanciers that have panda (by this I mean
white-headed) ferrets, how many of these ferrets began as pandas and how
many transmuted from another color of ferret.  My black sable's face is
getting whiter by the minute (okay day), with his mask shrinking smaller and
smaller.  The white, at this point, spreads up around his ears.  I
anticipate that this is part of his winter garb, but perhaps not.  At ferret
frolics, I recall having spoken with some folks with panda ferrets who said
they (the ferrets!) began as sables.

Along color lines, a ferret named Weasel came and visited our Gang of
Seven ferrets about two weeks ago.  Weasel's a beautiful silver ferret,
and I swear, ever since he visited all but one (the potential panda) of
my sables and my silver mit, have been growing more and more silver!!  As
if they have determined that this is the color of the season!  They are
beautiful, too!

Happy Ferreting!!

Lynn