From:
Robynn McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 13:05:08 -0500
Debbie..some ferrets don't like Ferretone.  I have one that won't try it at
all, she's three and she's never liked it.  It's not necessarily a matter
of them getting used it, they just don't like it.  Though it would be
messier, if they like Nutrical or Ferretvite you can try that instead if
you must.  I still stand by teeth scruffing as the best way to clip
nails,and the easiest if you're doing it by yourself.

As for the declaw issue, while I agree 100% that ferrets should never ever
ever EVER be declawed, saying that the vet was to blame for performing
the procedure isn't exactly fair.  As someone, I believe it was a vet,
mentioned when this issue was rehashed awhile back, the vet is there to
serve the animal and the owner.  If the customer asks you to do something
and you refuse, more than likely the customer will just go and find a vet
who will perform the procedure.  All a vet can do is present the facts and
hope that the owner makes the right decisions.

Robynn and the toothsome threesome