From:
meagan quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 11:43:45 PDT
Hi!

I forgot...two more things.

First off: what are the latest numbers for Norm. bloodsugar vs. early
insulima.  I think they are now saying 90+ is Low Norm right?  What do you
do if yoiu get a reading of Low Norm in a ferret?  Do you assume insulima
is on the way?  Do you just wait?  Change the Diet?

~~~~~~

Second:
In reference to the conditions of FPC. I agree! They are horrible!!!

go to : www.familypetcenter.com

They have a listing of their locations and info on the stores and animals
they sell.  I wrote them after being appalled at the condition of the pet
store in the Poughkeepsie Galleria in NY.  They were horrible.

I was written by the end of the week saying the district manager was going
to check it out.  I never heard back form her, but when I did go back to
the store.  They were in the same cage with corncob bedding not cedar/aspen
(i don't know which they had)

They feed L&M food.  HORRIBLE STUFF I didn't find out till the last time I
went in and I saw the 11 kits and two 4mo.  old fuzzies in a bitty cage
with plexiglass sides and a cage top.  They were squished.  No good food.
A bunch of Prolapsed Rectums..with litter sticking to it.

The ferret lady was kinda rude to me and thought she knew more b/c she had
four of them.  I was very very nice to her, but she didn't know everything.
Another lady that wanted to learn more about the ferrets said that they are
unable to put them in a cage b/c the cages don't belong to a store.  That
is how they do it for all the animals.

Teh plexiglass tops and cage tops.  I looked around and they were right.

The kits were very tiny.  Hardly eating the kibble b/c it was so hard.
There was a litter boxin the cage that they were sleeping in and they wer
epooping in the corners.

I am attempting to get them to change.  Suggestions would be appreciated.

I agree...the toys and stuff they sell there are impossible.  Unfort, from
what I found out the fact that thye are a chain store means that they are
unable to change anything without approval.. and for 6$/hour no one is
willing to make that kind of change.

Any thoughts on helping me would be great.
Meg in NY