From:
meagan quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 10:59:19 PDT
Hi!

I have a copy of the Post's article regarding NYC Ferrets.  It was written
by Julia Szabo.  it seems to be well written and offically states the fact
that ferrets are illegal (since I hear different rumors about how legal or
illegal they are)

In NYC Ferrets fall under the NYC Health code, Article 161.01 stating that
one cannont keep "an animal of a species which is wild, ferocious, fierce,
dangerous, or naturally inclined to do harm."

Of course, they have never my Haggis--the stupid ferret that couldn't hurt
a fly if he tried!  So does that make him legal?  ;)

I have the names from the article but I don't know if i can pos them.  I
will if i can--since i was unable to find the article on www.nypost.com

They dont have the pet section online, but i have written to the editor and
called in an attempt to find out more about the article and contacts, but
no one ahs gotten back to me!

It says that the health code will be amended within the next couple of
weeks.  According to *** (i don't know if i can use his name) they feel
the ruling with be favorable.  The article doesnt say much else other than
a few names.

It does go on to warn that ferrets are a lot more work than most think and
not to run nout and get one expecting a hamster!

Hope this helps!

meg

[Moderator's note: Probably OK to post the names as long as that doesn't
mean you have to post the bulk of the article!  BIG]