From:
Alison Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2012 22:45:00 -0700
Hey guys this is Alison Parker I am the director and producer of The
Ferret Squad. Thanks so much to EVERYONE who has supported us. As I
write this we've raised nearly $18,000 and that is INCREDIBLE!!! My
fundraising goal to make this film is actually $50,000 by June 10 so
please keep donating and sharing the link below with your friends so
we can get as close as possible:

http://www.indiegogo.com/TheFerretSquad

Someone asked what happens to the funds if we don't meet our goal. The
answer is that IndieGoGo (The site I use to manage the fundraiser) will
take a 9% fee from whatever we raised. If we DO meet our goal, they
only take 4%.

We have some other sources of funding being worked on as well.
Distributors and Production Companies are already interested in the
movie, and I'm sure this has a lot to do with the massive amount of
fan support online. Today we were featured on IndieWIRE's "Project of
the Day":

<http://www.indiewire.com/article/project-of-the-day-yes-thats-right-the-ferret-squad>

That's a major film website so the exposure we are getting is amazing.
All positive media for ferrets. Go check out the comments!

Casting is also going great, just yesterday we cast Michael Roberds
who played Uncle Fester on The New Addams Family TV Series as "Mr.
Rathbone", president of the California Fish & Game Commission in The
Ferret Squad. Yes, he plays the nasty bad guy and he's going to do a
great job. Wait till you see where he ends up... *snickers*

I am fighting to change the way people perceive and treat ferrets, and
also to bring awareness to the archaic ferret ban in California. Big
thanks to (as I write this) our 184 Funders, plus the support from
Ferret.com and Ferret Depot.

Finally, although everything is going great right now and I still
expect we will be filming The Ferret Squad this August as planned... on
the off chance that none of our other funding sources come through in
time, we will simply push our shooting dates to next summer. This would
certainly not be the end of the world. But if you know anyone who can
help us reach our goal this summer, please send them to our site!

http://www.indiegogo.com/TheFerretSquad

I think it's pretty cool that when this film comes out, hundreds of
people around the world will get to see their name in the end credits
and a picture of their ferret in the film. I've watched at film
festivals as people react to this in person. It's an experience like
no other.

Thanks guys,

PS please like us on FB:
http://www.facebook.com/TheFerretSquad