From:
Public Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 21:33:30 -0500
HI All!

Jerimiah here-- yes the handsome young lad with a spot of chocolate on his
side!  Oh!  what a cold day it was today the wind has been blowing outside
and the air is nippy!-- shelter mum had to pull the curtains when the wind
blew it made cold air swirl in the shelter-- felt kind of like diggin' in
the snow -- but not wet!  Man I LIKE the snow stuff!  We get big play tubs
with snow in it-- and the Snowman-- he showed me how to dig a tunnel all
the way through it.  Of course when I skooch inside my sides got cold!  Mom
fids the tubs the ferreteers play in get used for a litter box!  Hahahaha
we knows better than that!  When the snow starts to melt-- why I start
digging it all over the floor.  Mom was running around putting towels down
the other day-- but her socks still got wet!  :)

Well the little ol gal June's Angel left today for her hospice home.  Her
new hospice Mom Marilyn will take good care of her.  She will live with
Storm.  Storm had a vet appt today she has a small bump on her tail- the
vet Dr Winnie thinks it might be a small injury and put her on amoxy-- they
will wait & see-- meanwhile the hospice Mom Marilyn plans the help Junie's
Angel gain some weight and settle down-- she is such a nervous gal guess
they get that in Jersey!!  Well I hear that Brodie had to visit Dr George
today-- he has been having some trouble with a foot-- and unfortunately
while Brodie's blood sugar looked good they had some sad news his leg won't
get better.  His hospice Mom is sposed to give him lots & lots of love &
care.  Now , I wasn't here but I heared that poor Brodie thought he was a
stolen ferret when he arrived at the shelter -- REALLY!  He wouldn't eat or
anything!!  -- that was more than 4 years ago and he now loves every day..
he has a great home & a room with 3 kitties he adores.  I hope that Brodie
will have a great birthday on Feb 14th!  He is going to be 8 years old on
Valentines day the vet said to hug him lots, and give him as much play time
as he wants-- what a good vet!

Big ol' Bear is still up with shelter mom & dad -- he sleeps lots but still
eats lots of kibble and takes his vitamins-they are giving him some fluids
at night which perks him up a lot-- he still makes the trek to the cheerio
bowl every day!  NOw that is a shelter Mascot yes sirree!  - I hear that
they will all be gathering to wish him a happy birthday on Saturday the
17th-- and they are going to have spaghetti instead of pizza -- O MAN!!!  I
really wish someone would bring me a slice of pizza!  Shelter mom even made
some hammies with pizza on them-- maybe she will let me have that kind of
pizza... hammock pizza???

Well, we had special folks here at the shelter-- and they picked me out
RIGHT AWAY!  That is right on the weekend Lisa & Tom came to Ferret Wise,
they had been up for Ferretstock, but never been to the shelter.  I was
afraid when they first arrived they would take all my friends away--
but nope -- and I am glad cause we just got our teams all set up for
our shelter raids!  Lisa & Tom brought CHEERIO'S A really a BIG box of
Cheerio's and JUST IN TIME-- the box from Christmas was almost gone.  Mom
popped the top of the box and I was right there trying to get some out--
but I couldn't get through the bag-- then she opened it up-- we all dug
some out and pushed them on the floor-- Then Lisa knew how we had so much
fun before with them Cheerio's toys!  mMM,MMMM, GOOD!  She also brought the
mom some pretty flowers--well I never seen these things before so I had to
put my nose right in 'em-- man what a neat smell-- I wanted to take them
right into my cage-- but they caught me!  Poor me!  Mom got some little
foil hearts with chocolate in 'em she was so surprised.  The folks played
with us and talked for a long time-- they brought some paper towels -- but
Mom put them up so the ferreteer kids couldn't make paper snow again in the
shelter--DARN! :(

Then they went shopping over in the hammy store before the said goodbye --
sigh... It was such a nice day -- and I couldn't let Tom go without giving
him a little Jerimiah nip-- just so he knew he really met me! :)  Come on
back again-- I really like playing with you guys!  They loaned shelter Mom
a picture of their ferret who loves pizza just like me-- it is on the eBay
auction for the pizza hammie-- I am cuter but he is okay too you can see
him at:

Pizza dig resist hammie   ends 2/17
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=558751756

also a few other goodies can be found at:
ferret cookie cutter set  ends 2/16
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=558160232

Hot chili pepper sleeper   ends 2/17
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=558753086

Spring flowers sleeper  ends 2/17
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=558909581

Of course all these goodies help us kids-- they give us the best kibbles,
and clean fresh sleep sacks & bedding for resting, lots of snacks &
ferretone..  and even pay the vets if we get sick-- gosh please don't give
us a cold-- if you want to visit-- leave your colds at home!  Mom always
makes us rest more if we get a cold!  I will let you know how everyone is
doing -- cause thats one of my very important jobs at Ferret Wise hugs--

Jerimiah,
Jr Mascot, Ferret Wise Shelter
www.ferretwise.org