From:
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 08:28:30 -0800
>From:    Pamela E Troutman and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: STAR* resource listings updates
>The database is so huge that I have to do this to keep only active ferret
>resources - if you can't afford to spend .32 cents and a little time to send
>me the info update, will you put any effort into helping others with ferret
>questions?

Guess we get deleted then...

The AFA shelter list for example is kept up by the AFA and only wants
permission to put the information in.  No active role is needed by the
shelter other than responding to a phone call from Fran Wiles is required.
You have in the FML decried that particular list of shelters as duplicating
your efforts but it makes the effort.

If you no longer have the time to maintain such as list maybe you should
turn it over to an organization like the AFA that does.

>From:    sammy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Sex stories involving ferrets - NO THANKS!

This letter was far more sexually explicit then the letter it is about.
Anyone that would understand what that letter was about is probably old
enough to understand all the implications.

If the Ferret Digest want to try to be the list with broadest appeal it will
offend some folks now and then.  Choose the mail lists you want based on
what is allowed.  Bill Gruber is the owner of the list.  He thought that
post was appropriate so therefore it was.  He chooses to allow things we
would not consider appropriate in a list that we would run.  If you want to
influence his opinions than you should write to him privately.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]