From:
"Michelle P." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 1994 23:39:01 -0400
Hello Everyone,

Stacey, I have decided to keep the curly butt,...so now he is officially
called ' Mr. Motley ', and yes he is still a motley little dude.

The curly hair has seemed to straighten out a bit, but his hair is still wavy
and very different from his other litter mates. He is a really strange
looking Ferret, and I am pretty sure that he has 'Waardenburg's Syndrome' or
'Colmira', wich is just another way of saying deaf.  But I love him any way,
and he has a very sweet habit as well...
When I play with him,.. if I roll him on his back he will nibble and suck on
his paws.
 Motley and the rest of his litter are 7 wks old now, but Motley is the only
one that does this.

By the way Stacey, Mr. Motley is a Sable Mitt Blaze.

Today was Vet day, I packed up 22 of the little goobers, and we went on our
way. My Vet just loves me!
Kind of an embarising trip this time,  I forgot to bring a litter box!!
OOOPPS!
We set up the usual assembly line, But after they got their shot I had no
other choice but to put them on the floor,( because I didn't want to put them
back into the travel boxes, in fear of getting the ones who already got their
shots, mixed up with the ones that did not.),
 Any way to make a long story short, I ended up going through a WHOLE roll of
paper towell.
 15 baby kits can reak havic on a linoleum floor let me tell you!

By the way, I had two more litters born, one on the 3rd, another on the 4th.
18 more all together.  All very healthy, no fatalities.:-)
My house is now full of them! I'm also boarding a few, so now the total is up
to 47!   YES, I do the Poop-Scoopin-Boogy, often!

Oh, another thing, This past week I've seen 4 Marshall Farm ferrets, adults.
All very nice in temperament by the way.  But all of them were very thin and
very longish, and had very mottled markings.  The masks were totally gone on
two of them, wich was really strange to see on a Standard sable, and one of
them had a White bib, but only in patches, Very marbled.  One of them I have
boarding here looks like any other Sable, mask and all.
 But what I was wanting to know, and this is to the other Marshall Farm
Ferret owners,  are these comman traits for that genetic pool?
I have never seen a Sable totally without a mask before, meaning....... a
completely dark brown face.
Any other ones out there?

Well, sorry for rambling on, Take Care all,
Looking forward to meeting you Kelly, Michael, and Marya. See you soon!

Michelle and The MASKeteers:-)