From:
Lisa M Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 12:13:13 -0500
Dooks to all furkids and their humans and prayers for all those who are
sick and at the bridge.

I just had to share what has to be the funniest thing I have ever seen my
Casper (or any other ferret) do.

I have a container in the corner of my livingroom where I put their toys
when I am cleaning the house (and when I've stepped on them a few too many
times).  I was playing with Casper on the floor and then in his true ferret
nature he became bored with me and decided to go to the "toy box".  As he
climbed, butt in the air, to play in the toy box, I went on reading my
paper.  He pulled out a ball and was rolling it around on the floor, then
went to get another one.  He played with them for about 5 minutes, then I
heard him walking across the floor "rattling".  I looked up to see that he
was carrying the ball in his mouth (okay no big deal).  He walked over the
toy box and he dropped the ball back in, turned around, picked up the other
toy and did the same thing!

I couldn't believe that he was putting his toys away!  Noone will ever be
able to tell me that these guys aren't smart!  Now I'm wondering if I can
teach him to take out the trash and vacuum!?  It's a thought!

Lisa (the amazed mom)
Casper (see mom, I know where they go)
Rosco (so, what's the big deal?)
Missing Ozzie (my angel), Ally and Peanut the ferret dog