From:
Brian Canals <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 1995 10:15:58 -0400
I've read a lot about South Florida shelters.  How about in the Northern
Panhandle?  Like around Niceville?  And what are all these groups, how do
you locate them, and what are the benefits of becomeing a member?
I went by the Humane Society yesterday.  Our pet store sells a lot of
ferrets, there fore I feel safe to assume that there are alot of ferrets who
wind up needing a good place to go when things go bad.  The lady there says
that either one of the employees take them home or they find a home to give
them to or one of the local rescue zoos take them in.  I left her my name
and number, and they will call next time one is turned in.  I'd like to help
by taking them in and finding them good homes.  I need lots of advice on how
to proceed, procedures to handle ferrets, adoptees and problems.  I don't
want to endanger Penny or Nibs by taking in someone with a serious
contagious condition and not handling it right.  If any one else around
Niceville, reads the FML, give me a jingle at [log in to unmask]  If any one
is interested in helping me get involved in helping the fuzzies please
contact.