From:
Brian Canals <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 1995 10:15:52 -0400
Reading the list, I begin to think Nibblit is spoiled.  He has many many
more than one or two raisins a day.  (May be twelve, maybe we won't admit up
to how many on some days.) He loves raisins.  He's much more social now that
he knows people have raisins.  I don't remind him that I had to force feed
the first one to him because he refused to try it.  I tried to force Penny
to eat one too, she said no and refuses to eat them.  The only treat she
likes is Pounce and milk bones.  I finally bought them small Milk bones,
they've been carrying around and eating the dogs "large" ones.  They seem to
like the large ones better, but I was afraid that once they filled up on
those, there was no room left for ferret food.

I feed them Kaytee fortified ferret food and they eat it well, but there for
a while they seem to be upset about it.  I noticed a few bags I got were
kinda of dry and crumbly.  It seems to have improved and they're happy.  I
tried Sun Seed Sunthing Special Ferret Food, forget that.  Neither one of
them will touch it.  I was interest in what people were saying about making
sure you have a back up that they will eat, so I picked up some IAMS kitten
food.  They tried it for a few days, now they just pick out the Kaytee and
leave the Iams.  I'm going to keep mixing it for a few weeks and see if they
will start eating it.  Is IAMS a brand that seems to have ferret taste
approval?  Also, someone said that Pounce is bad for them.  What's the
consensus?  This is the only treat Penny likes.  (We don't count Milk Bones
as treats, they seem to believe that Milk Bones are their possesions, and as
long as they are available for the dogs, they have first dubs on them and
help themselves each time they can gain access to them.  They hide as many
as they eat and we play a game of stealing it from Nibblit's hiding hole and
making him chase it and hide it again.  I'm not sure he has caught on to the
fact that he hides the same one over and over.)

I'm trying to come up with a survey on what everyone's fuzzies eat and as
soon as I get it worked up, I'll post it.  When I get all the results, I'll
post a listing of what the little fursnakes seem to like and in what order
of favortism.