From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 1994 10:12:58 EDT
        Heard a real good/bad story about a ferret owner, a ferret, and
 a pet door to the outside.

        Our shelter picked up a stray ferret a few weeks ago.  The owners
 were found and the ferret returned.  When asked on how the ferret may
 have gotten out they said threw the pet door they installed so the ferret
 could go outside relieve himself and return. NOT.   Well we told these
 people that ferrets aren't like cats and dogs.  They get lost and never
 return. Plus ferrets are so small they become part of the food chain.
 In these parts it's not uncommon to see bald eagles and other large
 birds of pray flying over head.  Beautiful sight as long as your not a
 ferret. :)

        Well we got a call a few days later from their next door neighbor.
 He had the ferret again.  We did some reaserch on this little guy and
 found out from our freinds down at the humane sosciety that  they  had
 picked up this ferret several other times.  To make a long story short,
 this ferret is no longer living with these nice people. (ie. Jerks) He does
 have a beautiful new home with two other ferrets.  :)  Thankfully this
 story has a happy ending.

        Hope you all have a good week and a better weekend.

        Me, and my fuzzies.