From:
Eliza Raven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 10:36:22 -0500
Hello again,

Thank you so much to everyone that responded to me about Jake's possible
UTI problem.  Our usual vet wasn't open yesterday, so we went to a new
vet, Dr. Greg Wolfus at VCA Westboro Animal Hospital in Westboro, Mass.
He was WONDERFUL.  In short, Jake was examined both by Dr. Greg and a
doctor-in-training (two exams for the price of one!).  Neither doctor
found anything alarming.  All his organs were fine, including his adrenals
and bladder, which both felt normal.  We weren't able to bring in a urine
sample, and they weren't able to extract one there.

If anyone would like to share tips on obtaining a urine sample at a home,
I'm sure the entire FML could benefit from hearing it.

Dr. Greg decided to prescribe an antibiotic (amoxycillin) and see if that
helps.  Jake should show signs of improvement later today or tomorrow.
If he doesn't improve or gets worse, then we'll head back to the vets for
testing (x-rays).  We are to continue the antibiotics for 10 days, if
they're working.  Does that sound right to everyone?

Thanks again to all those that sent replies to my email.  It is truly a
wonderful thing to have the FML with its many caring and knowledgeable
subscribers to turn to for advice.  Thank you BIG for delivering my email
to the FHL as well.

For each of the email responses I have received I think I will purchase an
SOS raffle ticket.  The tickets are for me, of course!  I want to win that
afgan!  Check it out for yourself -
http://www.geocities.com/crochetkat/ferret/sos-raffle.html
<http://www.geocities.com/crochetkat/ferret/sos-raffle.html>

Thanks,