From:
Regina Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 18:07:59 -0500
Hi there--
A few days ago I noticed a bump about the size of a mosquito bite on Cully's
neck.  He'd scratched the very top of it off, and there was a little blood
and some clear fluid.  There seemed to be a red ring around the bump, but
that might have been from his scratching it.  I cleaned it off with some
Hibitane.  The next day I looked up the section on skin tumors in the FAQ,
and thought that it could be a mast cell tumor.  But when I got home that
evening, I found that Cully had scratched the whole thing off, leaving a
scab maybe 4mm in diameter.  There doesn't seem to be any of the bump left.
Could it still have been a mast cell tumor?  Even if there's none of it
left, should I still take him in for a check-up?  His annual check-up isn't
until April.  I think this may have happened once before, on his side, but I
didn't catch it until it was a scab and assumed he'd bounced off the couch a
little too hard.  This is Montreal in February, so there is zero chance that
it was actually a mosquito bite, or that of any other bug except maybe a
spider.  I hope that somebody can tell me that this isn't serious-- it
hasn't been a very good month.

THanks,
Regina