From:
Lisa Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 17:57:34 -0500
I need advice on my ferret's dry, cracking pads of their feet.  This is the
first year that any of them have had this problem.  Out of the four of them,
they all seem to be experiencing this, two of them worse then the others.
Their cage is a Midwest but we have built 4 extra floors in it.  2 of the
floors we have covered with lanoliem (sp?) and the other two are just wire.
We left them wire because one floor is their food floor and the other is the
bathroom.  Could this amount of wire flooring cause this?  What can I put on
their paws that is non-toxic to them?  I don't want to have to cover these
two floors for sanitary reasons.

Also, they are all shedding so incredibly much.  It's been going on for over
two weeks now and their winter coats don't seem to be getting any thinner!
I don't ever remember it being this bad before.  Is this normal?  Any advice
on either of these subjects would be so helpful.  Private e-mail would be
best since I'm usually a few days behind on reading the FML.

Thanks!
Lisa and her four greatful fuzzies; Roan, Laney, Felix and Sullivan -
e-mail: [log in to unmask]