From:
FurTulsa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 01:49:10 -0500
Well Randy, if you are gonna get flamed... I'll stand with you.  I know
some people may disagree and say their ferrets are "fine" on the Kaytee
and Nurtiphase diets.  But I stand with you.

I have watched MANY ferrets come into rescue status who have been on one of
those foods... and in every single case, without exception.... the ferret
developed either Hypoglycemic problems, liver problems, kidney problems or
stomach ulcers... most had more than one of these.  And again, in every
single case..  the vets (had 3 different ones look into this) declared it
to be a direct cause from the food they were being fed, citing specifics
such as wrong protein levels, wrong protein sources and digestibility
issues.

People who have a 1 year old ferret eating the stuff can tell me he "looks
healthy" all they want.  When they come spend a few months watching the 3,
4 and 5 year olds who were fed it in pain, misery and dying of the
complications..  then we will discuss it.

Susan
*donning the flameproof undies*