From:
"Dawn Smith, LOS National" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:48:44 EDT
Hi All,

Our September 18th All Championship Ferret Show is just around the
corner.  If you haven't already done so, your registrations must be
received by Friday, September 10, 2004 for book registrations which means
your ferrets entries will be in the show catalog.  Though you can still
register your ferrets at the door, they will not be in the show catalog.

As some people have already stated to me, that they would love to attend
but are too far away......we have some people driving out, up, down and
over to the show.  There is a possibility that your state maybe one that
some of our members and/or Division Presidents maybe traveling through,
so if you want to show your ferret but cannot drive or make it, we
might be able to arrange transportation for your ferrets.  The only
reimbursement they ask is for gas to be paid.  But we ask that the
ferrets be vaccinated against distemper and rabies and adv tested for
the protection of your ferrets as well as the transporter's ferrets.
This is something others have done in the past and it worked out great.
Now is this is something we wanted to offer to those who might not able
to drive but want to show.  Not everyone might feel comfortable leaving
their kids but all of our members and/or Division Presidents are very
trustworthly have transported other animals to different states on their
routine travel out to PA every year for our show.  But this is at least
an option for people who don't live close to shows or cannot get time off
from work or can't drive.

Also as always our raffle is for everyone to participate.  We have others
who buy raffle tickets and don't attend the show because they can't.  So
what we do is we provide a list of items and pictures (if available) of
the raffle items and they buy the tickets.  We put their name and address
on the back of the ticket and if they win, we mail out the prize upon
receipt of a copy of their ticket, proving that they are the ticket
holder.  This has always worked well and I thought perhaps others might
be interested in the same raffle option as well.  If anyone is interested
in either, please email me at [log in to unmask]  But please no flames,
we wanted to provide an option to out of staters and to those who
expressed interest but couldn't make it to the show.  Thank you for
your time and patience.

Sincerely,

Dawn Smith, Vice President
Legion of Superferrets