From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 19:43:56 -0000
What a treat it was -- better than raisins, even -- to meet some of the
people I admire so much on the FML and lots of others, too.  As my husband
Eric (who never reads the FML) said, "I've never met so many nice people at
one time." I knew how special ferret people are, of course, but it was nice
to hear an outsider's impressions.  I have a theory that makes lots of
sense: anyone who spends their time helping others (with or without fur) is
likely to be a special person to begin with, and then people who spend time
loving ferrets have got to be fun besides.

BIG and Ronnie were the best possible hosts, giving all their time in
Orlando to being available to the rest of us.  The hospitality suite which
they kept open for us must have been a bit dull while the rest of us were
off seeing WDW, but it seemed like their only desire was to make sure
everyone else had a great time.  BIG picked up people at the airport, drove
them to their hotels, and never seemed to expect a thank you.  If you buy
Charles Onken's tape of the reception, that quietness and modesty of Bill's
are genuine.  You'll also get to see what a goofy group you belong to!  What
a crew!  Also note what an excellent job Anne Ryan (Mrs. Duck) did of
arranging a great location and a wonderful meal for us.  Thanks Anne!

If you couldn't be there, you should plan now to attend the next one.
People were talking about doing it again in 5 years, so that should be
enough time to save the money and find a ferret sitter.  No kidding.  If you
saved $5 a week, you'd have $1300.  And if our CA freedom fighters with the
war, we may be meeting in conquered territory.  That will be some victory to
celebrate!