From:
Daniel Dupriest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 10:11:49 -0600
Has anyone come up with a really effective way to block an open banester or
stairway?  This might not come out right with wordwrap, but i'll try.

      2nd level     wall
    - - - - - - -|____
    | | | |1 1/2 | | |
    - - - i___  ____
          i____|
 foyer i____| wall
          i____|
          i____|
          stairs

Jeez, I really butchered my stairs... Oh well, anyways, The stairs are flush
with the wall on the right side, but on the left, they are open to the foyer
below, and a hall goes straight under the 1 1/2 story landing.  That's
really the only part that is dangerous.  I'm very aware that Diva is smart
enough to not jump off, but she gets sooo carries away with "air demons"
that she flips backwards off of anything.  I'm guessing that a sheet of
plexiglass across the spindles would be pretty good, but if anyone has done
something different or can reccomend a good price on it please let me know.
Even though the first landing is not quite up to the second story yet, the
fall is over a hardwood floor so it is pretty dangerous.

PS. isn't there SOME way to send file attachments with these ?!  :)

[Moderator's note: It's theoretically possible to send file attachments but
I don't let any attachments through.  Attachments make the FML *huge* and a
significant portion of subscribers can't handle them anyhow.  BIG]