From:
Betty Bjorkman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 22:26:04 EST
We are now up to ferret number four!!  I know I ve said this before, and I
ll say it again because this time I realllllllly mean it .... THIS IS THE
LAST ONE!!!  I never would have considered another ferret, had it not been
for a friend s phone call.

My friend s granddaughter just had a baby and is currently looking for an
apartment for herself, new daughter and husband.  The problem is that every
apartment she has looked at will not allow pets.  The girl was beside
herself with worry because the last thing she wanted to do was to give up
her precious Twilight he had been with her for five years and she
considered him her son.  So ... this is where I come in ... my friend asked
me if I would take in one more ferret.  Knowing full well that this ferret
is five years old an old timer I still wanted him, after all, how could I
refuse a cute little fuzzy face?

Twilight has always been the only ferret in the house and is not used to
seeing other ferrets, so we are trying to introduce him to our guys slowly.
He arrived on Sunday, yesterday, and he is just getting to know us.  When
Twilight first met Rocky, he started off by putting his paw on Rocky s back
and then by biting the back of his neck.  This was followed by playing and
dooking and then by hissing when Rocky went near Twilight s carrying case.
Today, Monday, Twilight was good with me, somewhat good to my human
teenagers, and just ok with the furry kids.  Hopefully tomorrow we will see
more improvement.  I ll let you know what happens, but I am sure that it
all will turn out fine!

Although I am very optimistic about how everyone will get along, if anyone
has any suggestions about introducing an older ferret to the new younger
guys the younger guys, and girl, are all just under one year old I would
appreciate any advice.

As always, thanks for everyone s help.

Betty, Rocky, BooBoo, Lizzy Girl and Twilight