From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 20:34:15 -0800
Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what happened in the past.  The airline
(any airline) can recind any policy at any time.  To put it simply, they
play by the golden rule - he who has the gold, rules.

Here is what happened to me.  I purchased a ticket in January to fly my
ferrets to Pittsburg on Northwest Airlines in March.  At the last minute I
became concerned over my travel time (spring break) and left the ferrets
home.  However, I was also to bring back a ferret for someone, and thought
I would use the return half of my ticket.  At the airport I discovered NW
had cancelled allowing ferrets on the planes entirely.  The fact that my
ticket had been purchased before the policy change had no weight.  The
fact that I work for an airline didn't either.  NO ferrets!  I had to
take the ferret carrier to Delta and purchase a Delta Dash ticket for her.

Since nothing I've said here helps the situation, is there possibly someone
who is coming back from there who might be flying on a friendlier airline
and might bring the ferret with them?  Have you tried ALL the airlines that
fly from where you are to where you want to be?  I know I would be beside
myself if I were faced with this situation.  Where does your flight come in
to?  If you need to send your ferret ahead, I'm sure we would have someone
volunteer to meet the plane and care for her until you arrive.  FML'ers are
EVERYWHERE!

Gordon, got any ideas?

Georgia