From:
Stan Siatkowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 13:24:39 -0500
Thanks to everyone who wrote back - the general suggestion was that if
there was no or minimal urine, to have Psycho checked for urinary blockage.

He's been with us for over 7 years, and there doesn't seem to be any new
problem with him producing stool or urine.  He's not straining (we've had
ferrets with blockages and adrenal/prostate problems before, and this is
nothing like it).  It's just that little grunting sound that he makes.
Right now he's sleeping on the futon behind me and must be dreaming about
chasing rabbits or something - he's curled up on his back sideways with one
paw in the air, making the occasional twitch and same moaning sound.  I'm
hoping he catches the rabbit this time!  (Just to play with, of course -
he wouldn't hurt a fly).

Again, thanks for the concern and the good suggestions, and we will keep a
close eye on him to see if he does start to show signs of distress.

Stan Siatkowski