From:
Robin Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 15:59:47 EDT
Most of you here know of CJ who runs 24 Carat Ferret Shelter and Rescue in
Las Vegas.  As the Southern California Rescue Coordinator, I have had the
pleasure of working with CJ and seeing her selfless commitment to our fuzzy
friends.  What most of you don't know is how she does all of this with
everything going against her.  First she was injured and had to have
surgery.  then she lost her job and couldn't look for another cause of
her surgery.  Now, finally she has just gotten a new job, and things are
starting to look up a bit.  She has lost the lease on her house/shelter.
She has no where to move and no money to do it.  Presently I think her
house count is around 80 ferrets.  80 ferrets who now have no place to go.
I know she must be at her wits end.

I read the posts here on the FML and am forever touched and amazed at how
ferret people jump in and help each other.  How if a shelter falls others
step in to help.  I hope all you on the east coast realize how lucky you
are to have each other.  CJ is virtually alone out here.  And REALLY needs
help.

Please, if anyone can please help this ferret hero.  If there are any
shelters in Vegas or Arizona, ANYWHERE that can help.  Adoptions would
help too.  Lets help CJ as she has helped us too.

Caroline "CJ" Jones
24 Carat Shelter and Rescue
Las Vegas, Nevada
702-876-8224