From:
Robin Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 04:18:07 EDT
>No one wants to adopt a sick, old or disabled ferret.

Not true!  I love the little old ones.  right down to their little
arthritic toes.  I am fostering a little girl who was found walking down
the street.  She had insulinoma and crashed on me twice the first two days
I had her.  The second crash was terrible and I thought we had lost her.
But she pulled out of it, thus her name Phoenix.  Getting her meds
adjusted and some meat on her bones did wonders.  Now a year and a half
later she owns a big piece of my heart.  She has become a adrenal child
too.  Bald as a billiard, blind as a bat.  But you will never find a
sweeter or more loving ferret.  I think her mission in life is to clean
the ears of the world.  So don't count out the old and sick.  They have
tons left to give in those tiny little bodies.

Robin and the Fabulous Five