From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2008 06:25:01 -0400
April 2008 News

Master Largo's

Possum Senior Reporter
Ziggy Reporter of a higher order
Andy watching from Rainbow Bridge

Possum here: hey Suz, I think we need to have a chat with mum.

Suzie Q here: Hey Poss, my name is Suzie Q not Suz now what do we need
to have a chat with mum about?

Possum here: about the news! She keeps cramming too many things into
one month!

Suzie Q here: Oh great! One minute you are complaining you are not
doing enough news now you are going to complain to mum that you are
doing TOO much news?

Possum here: Well don't you think mum keeps putting more and more
things into our month?

Suzie Q here: I THINK POSSUM things happen around here when they
happen, most of which mum has little or no control over so to expect
her to do something about what she has no control over is like asking
YOU to stop complaining and jumping up and down in your cage. That is
NOT going to happen!!!!! Now I am going to start the news. The last
club meeting was March 16th, Miss Anna her Mr. Chris, Miss Kristie,
Miss Nicky, Miss Stephanie, Miss Donna, Miss Margaret from Staten
Island and mum were here. Mum passed out club buttons to everyone for
Miss Kristie and Miss Stephanie. Ferret awareness day was discussed;
that is going to happen on April 19th at Petco, 300 Hylan Dr. in
Henrietta New York from 10 am to 3 PM come help us teach all about us
fuzz butts!

If you want more information about our meetings, and functions you can
go here. http://ferretloversuny.org/

In May we are going to go see Mr. Jason we are making the May 4th
matinee date our next club event/meeting. He is coming back to New
York for a show right here in Naples at the Bristol valley theater
on May 3rd at 7pm and May 4th at 2pm. Check out their website at
<http://www.bvtnaples.org/>
Mum says you can get tickets on line; they are $10.00 each for adults.
May 10, 2008 The International Ferret Congress is hosting the Florida
Forum at the Holiday Inn Main Gate East 5711 W US Hwy 192 Kissimmee, FL
34746 for additional information visit <http://www.ferretcongress.org/>

Then June 14th mum is having the Ferret Only Clinic right here at the
shelter in Naples New York. For additional information contact mum at

Mr. Chris and Miss Anna had a great time playing with us guys the day
they were here, but they fell in love with Popcorn and Velcro so when
they left they took Popcorn and Velcro home with them to their new
4-ever home.

Possum here: See what I mean Suzie look at all the stuff you have
listed for the next couple of months! Man Mum is sure keeping us busy!

Suzie Q here: Possum some of that stuff as you call it, is not even
here at the shelter, can you read? The Forum is in Florida! The Ferret
Awareness day is in Rochester, so quite your complaining. Mr. Ed; the
human that adopted the 3 kids from here sent mum a link so she could
see the fuzz butts he took home with him, Mr. Ed said mum could share
them with you! http://picasaweb.google.com/dakferret/Ferrets

Possum here: Hey! Hey! Hey! You can't do all the news it is my turn, I
get to tell news too.

Suzie Q here: Possum will you make up MY mind? You want to do the news,
it is too much news? You are driving me out of my fur!

Possum here: go away Suzie! When Miss Margaret was here mum actually
got out of the house and showed her around Naples, they met up with
Miss Loana for dinner then Miss Loana drove Miss Margret and mum up
into the hills so mum could show them where mum drives her big yellow
thingy. Then Miss Loana drove them to Bristol Mountain. Miss Loana has
a S.O. (Clair F.) That works there. Ooooh weeeee mum took a ride up the
snowy mountain. That is where humans put sticks on their feet without
breaks and propel themselves down a snow covered mountain. Well mum and
Miss Margret got to take a ride up the mountain in a big machine called
a snow cat, it grooms the mountain. I don't know why they need to groom
it, it does not have fur, but that is what Mr. Clair does so that is
how they got to go up in the snow cat. Mum wants to learn how to drive
one of them things. Mum says 50 of you looked at our pictures here
http://community.webshots.com/user/lakeroad2 We got a big snow storm so
mum was snowed in we had a grand time hanging out with mum, the next
day Miss Donna helped do ears and nails and pick up poopy papers!

03-14-08 The DMK kids have been here Since January up until now mum
would always has to wake them up to get them to get up. Well this
morning 6 weeks being here they had their noses at the cage door and
was wait'en for mum to get them out! That was the very first time ever
that mum did not have to wake them to get them up!! You see mum has
what she calls the over flow/boarding room. That room is off the ferret
room, well them kids ALWAYS get up first, so when mum gets up at
3:30/4:30 depending on how pooped she is; she gets all the kids in that
room up first, they take turns going from play room to play room until
11:00 am, then they get put to bed and the kids in the big ferret room
start getting up. Mum likes us to get 6 to 8 hours of out time every
single day.

Suzie Q here: A milestone happened this morning; mum has been keeping
Munchkin (DMK biter) in smaller play areas because she is so afraid of
every thing. She graduated into the library a couple of weeks ago, (big
room) but she is so scared that she spends a lot of her time hiding in
the tube that is wrapped around the pool of balls that is in the middle
of the room, looking, watching and taking in all the activity around
her in a safe place. The smallest of the 3 rooms mum has been giving
her have kept her happy and busy with the toys, tunnels and hidey
holes she has to explore. This morning mum placed her in the bathroom,
(smallest room) normally Munchkin gets into the tub to play in the
tubes that are in there but as mum was walking through the kitchen
munchkin was standing, standing mind you at the barrier looking at mum
wanting something. Mum stopped to talk with her which usually sends
her running to hide, but not today, Munchkin stood there giving mum
the "well is it my turn to move to another room" look? Mum picked her
up and moved her to the library. She immediately headed for the tube,
however this time she got in the tube, turned herself around and
started grabbing the toys around the entrance of that tube pulling them
in with her. Mum says she believes Munchkin has discovered she is a
ferret, free to roam the playrooms with no fear of being hurt, cold or
ignored. Mum says Munchkin has become one with herself. Munchkin has 3
more play areas to explore, mum says she thinks, she will on her next
vacation time give her one more new room to test and explore. She does
it on vacation time because if she can not get Munchkin to come to her
at bed time it won't matter because mum will have the time to coax her
out, school days she would have to leave to go drive the big yellow
thingy.

Possum here: I am going to tell about the category 5 crew; they are now
category 4; one of the little ones was not exactly happy with the rest
of the group, so the last club meeting mum had here in February, one of
the members brought her single DMK kid because he was not fitting into
the business she had at home. Mum and Mary discussed maybe Ping and
Mary's boy (I do not remember his name) would like each other. So Mary
B. brought her fur kid to the meeting; Mum allowed Ping and Mary's boy
the kitchen so Mum and Mary could supervise the introduction. The two
fur kids hit it off, chasing each other in turn and having a blast
running in and out of tubes, boxes and under cabinets. Pushing balls
and toys under the cabinets with them, Ping went home with Mary B. and
her boy. The report mum got from Mary this week is they are doing great
and happy together. Maybe Ping might even get to be in an AFA show.

Oh yeah mum has been doing eBay, you can find the stuff she is putting
on there here; Mum has some new book marks that came in they will be
going up this weekend http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZferretfarm

Okay now we are done.

So until next month;

Possum senior reporter; Suzie Q always in my fur

Suzie Q here: Fuzz brain! Stay warm in your hidey hole... Byeeee