From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2008 18:44:37 -0400
May 2008 News

Master Largo's

Possum Senior Reporter
Ziggy Reporter of a higher order
Andy watching from Rainbow Bridge

Possum here: Hey Suzie did you know that we will have mum with us for
life?

Suzie Q here: Possum what are you talking about?

Possum here: Well you know mums old sick van died, you know that is why
all our shelter help was helpen mum get us to our favorite doc and mum
to places she needed to go, right?

Suzie Q here: What's your point Possum? This is all OLD news!

Possum here: you know Suzie sometimes you really ruffle my fur!!!!
Okay; anyway when mums van was making funny noises she took it back to
the van doctor to have it looked at, well mum was told it could not be
fixed, so it was time to get a "new to mum" van.

Suzie Q here: Again; what is your point? What does this have to do with
mum being with us for life?

Possum here: Well Suzie mum gots a "new to mum" van but she had to take
her retirement money to get it. So you see she is now with us for life,
she can not retire!

Suzie Q here: whoop-dee-doo! You just don't get it, do you Possum? Mum
is going to be with us for life with or without her retirement. The
retirement money was for mum to stop driving the big yellow thingy, not
to stop doing the shelter! Do you ever pay attention to anything that
is said when mum talks?

Possum here: More than you think!!!!! Miss smarty pants Suzie Q.

Suzie Q here: Let's get started on the NEW news! Mum had not heard from
the Baker Bunch in L.I. so she let Possum call them and say mum was
worried about them. Mum got no word so mum called them and said you
have 24 hrs to let her know you are okay or she is calling the state
troopers. They called to say they are okay; DON'T call the troopers. We
had new humans come see us; they want to take somebody home. The Ferret
Awareness day was a huge success; lots of humans came to help teach
about ferrets.

Possum here: hey! Hey! It was not that much of a success I was not
there to help!

Suzie Q here: Give it up Possum; the only thing you would have done is
make a ruckus and want constant attention!

Possum here: Would not! Look what Mr. Tim B. wrote to me;

Possum I can't believe you did not slip into Miss Kristie's Purse!! You
are slipping Girl!! I am mad at them for not taking you too!!!! Gizmos
Faraway Dad... Tim

Possum here: see somebody wanted me to go and knows I would have done
good! Mr. Peter B. stopped to see us on the way home from there that
day. Any way Miss Cathy D came to our house with Sick Billy, she needed
help with him from Mum because it was late on a Saturday and our
favorite doc was closed. BUT Mum has an inside connect to get though
and got to talk to Miss Mary and then to Doc about Billy, he tolds mum
what needed to be done. While mum was helping Billy to feel better Miss
Cathy d was playing with me then she played with Suzie too. Mum did
what doc tolds her to do, only mum and Miss Cathy d could not save him.
He went to Rainbow Bridge that night while he was sleeping in his own
bed.

Oh; Mum gots the press back; Miss Ret had to take some of her fur kids
to see our favorite doc, so she dropped all the stuff at Miss Cathy R.
house then Miss Cathy r took it to Donna d and then Miss Donna d
brought it all to mum. Man we sure are lucky to have soooo many awesome
humans that help mum! Thanks miss ret, Miss Cathy r and Miss Donna D!

Suzie Q here: Mum did a home visit in Canandaigua for a doggy rescue in
New Jersey. Mum made sure the doggy would have a good home there, and
then she contacted the rescue and told them to let the doggy go live
in Canandaigua. The lady that wanted her went to NJ to pick her up that
Monday after mum checked out her house.

Mum and Miss Sis went to Bazil's for dinner. Mum used the gift card
Miss Nichole and Mr. Mike gaved her for Christmas. Mum came home saying
OMG it was fabulous! The dinner was so good, mum said she did not even
feel like she was being left out because she had to have gluten fee.
They had 6 different kinds of dishes mum could have without getting
sick.

Mum and Miss Donna went to Japanese drumming here in Naples, it was
great Mum and Miss Donna said it was really a good show. The drummers
were real Japanese all the way from Japan.

Chase was not doing so good so mum took him to see our favorite Doc.
he has insulinoma so he is now on meds, then mum went to see Miss
Stephanie's new house before she came home that day. Mum likes it! Mum
and Miss Stephanie let Chase and Louie play in the play room for a
while to let off some steam then mum and the boys came home. Hey! wow
you guys were looking at pictures again 174 of you were there. Miss
Susann T. brought her fur kids to camp; they were here for almost 2
weeks. They were a little scared so mum had Miss Susann T. call them
to tell them she was coming back for them. They got feeling better and
had a good time at camp from then on.

Possum here: okay Suzie it is my turn to tell some news, anyway I have
to tell my boy friend I got his picture, he is so handsome. His name
is Ralphie G. he writes me notes and sends me pictures.

Suzie Q here: Possum that is not news!

Possum here: is too!

Suzie Q here: It is not! Now tell the news or I will!

Possum here: fine! Miss Margaret G. came to visit for a few days, she
brought her Petey. Petey is a dog. Ralphie is cuter than Petey. We let
Petey have the kitchen and all us kids got to be in the other rooms
away from Petey. Mum and Miss Margaret did not know if Petey would hurt
us. I know Ralphie would not hurt me, he likes me. Well Petey showed us
he wouldn't cause Tinker stinker jumped the barrier from the room she
was in, and then got into the kitchen with Petey. They was playing for
a while till it was time to move us kids and miss Margaret called out
to mum who is in the kitchen. Mum says Petey. Miss Margaret said no
what ferret? Mum came running cause there was not pose to be a ferret
in the kitchen. Mum and Miss Margaret was real happy that Petey and
tinker stinker liked each other. I think Ralphie would like me better
than tinker stinker

Suzie Q here: leave it to you to find a way to talk about your
boyfriend in the news letter. Wait till mum catches you at it. You
just wait!!

Possum here: Miss Cathy R wants me to take a poll on what kinds of
fabric we like, we like all kinds, no matter the print Miss Cathy R.
My Ralphie was sick maybe he don't like the fabric his mom has him
sleeping in.

Suzie Q here: STOP IT POSSUM! RALPHAIE IS NOT NEWS!

Possum here: OKAY!! We has new kids here now, mum says dumping season
has started! Mum is getting calls almost every day to take in new kids.
So far only one family abided by what mum requires to take in new kids.
These 2 are only 5 mo. old. They are cute too. Mum has a raffle going
on, Miss Lynne loves to make stained glass stuff so she made one with
a ferret on it, and so if you want to see it and buy tickets here is
where you can go. Thanks Miss Kat and Mr. Harry for putting these sites
together for us. Thanks Miss Lynne for the donation!

http://ferretlover97.terrabox.com/shelterhelp-Lakeroad.html

http://www.kwflatbed.com/brenda/raffle.html

Don't forget the clinic is coming up June 14th right here at the
shelter; so if you want to bring your kids to see Doc send mum an email
at [log in to unmask] she will send you papers to sign up to do
so. Also we have some pretty special stuff for the raffle table this
year. Mum will keep you apprised of what there is a bit later.

Suzie Q here: Mum got some sad news that our shelter friend Dale W.
died May 3rd our Sandi ferret fell in love with him one day when he
came in to visit, she jumped right into his arms and said pick; me pick
me. Miss Linda came to get her for Dale shortly after that. Dale and
Sandi are at Rainbow Bridge back together again. Mr. Dale requested
that contributions in his memory can be made to the Lakeroad Ferret
Farm. He was sure special to us and will be sorely missed. Mum has a
ton more things that need to be told but she said we already have too
much news so we will put it in the June news. Mum is so fussy about
how much we write.

Possum here: yeah and if she would stop doing so much in one month we
would not have to move some of it into the next months news!!

Suzie Q here: There you go complaining again!

Okay now we are done.

So until next month;

Possum senior reporter; Suzie Q always in my fur

Suzie Q here: Fuss brain! Stay cool in your hidey hole... Byeeee