From:
Kristina Borgstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 2010 11:27:14 -0800
I don't typically wear perfume, due to aggressive headaches, but I will
spray a bit of Bath And Body Works body spray on me before I head to
work. I never wear it to my weekly cleaning volunteer day at the ferret
shelter here in Washington. Except right before Christmas. I intended
to shop before cleaning duty and wore respectable clothes , makeup, and
alas a spritz of "Twilight Woods" their newest fragrance. It has notes
of : Juicy Berry, Soft Mimosa, Apricot Nectar, Warm Woods . Its said to
remind you of a walk through enchanted woods. Ferrets Do Not Like It.

I wore my "enchanting" fragrance and was bitten by not one but 3
ferrets! Unheard of! I'm known as the girl who gets all the ferret
kisses. Lots of kisses all the time. Licky , Licky ferrets love me. I
revel in their affection and hold each and every ferret close to my
neck for cuddles as I clean. The first ferret chomped me directly on my
exposed neck. What the!? Odd, she's never bitten me before. I continued
cleaning and yet another and another chomped me on the neck. I was
saddened by their turn against me and left for the day feeling as if
all the ferrets have seen something in me that warranted a nip to the
neck. I clean your poop you must give me kisses as payment!

The next week, no body spray and the kisses returned in abundance. So
what is it that bothers a ferret about perfume or is it certain scents?
Have any of you had a ferret hate perfume so much that it warranted a
chomp?

Kristina Borgstrom: missing Ivan and Django and loving Fitch, Earl, and
now Tacoma