From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 1995 15:02:40 -0500
Congratulations, MA!!!!!!!  Too bad it does not work out to be march forth
(pun) rather than March 7th!

Of course, ferrets learn their names, heck, they have no trouble with
simple sentences, conditionals, or the names of others.  I am not being
fasicious.

Troy-Lynn, we also use shark cartilage at times, but have had better luck
grinding in the cooked cartilage from any chicken used here.

Wow!  Kathy, please, thank Mary Maday for the information.  She did not need
to jump so completely, though.  Given how difficult some of the wild members
of Mustelidea are Pam and others (including me) urged caution partly because
we have seen some people here who have enough trouble reading domestics.
Now I really wish we were in a free standing home.  Those polecats sounds
just marvelous.  BTW, who would have thought that wolverines could be mild
when raised in captivity (We will ignore the fact here that they can cause
ferret-like damage at a much greater scale.), yet that is just what some
folks have found.  (It is like people who used to say that I was lucky that
I didn't work with big, bad gorillas (Yeh, right.), but instead with an
assortment of cute prosimians, monkeys, chimps, gibbons, and some
non-primates (Sure, they were cute, and I do still adore them, but for
levels of pacificity I would take a gorilla over them any day.)

        Sukie, Steve, Meltdown, Ruffle, 'Chopper who was the organic
helicopter in earlier years, Spot, Meeteetse, and Warp