From:
Lisa Carswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 1997 19:17:24 -0500
Hi, everyone.

I'm new to the list and thought I'd introduce myself and my fuzzies.  My
name is Lisa Carswell, and I'm a graduate student at the University of Notre
Dame in South Bend, Indiana.  This is my first term at ND, and one of the
hardest things for me has been missing my fuzzies, who are back home in
Georgia with my family.  Unfortunately, we aren't allowed to have any pets
in the grad student housing, but my babies are getting good care back home,
so knowing that makes it easier for me.  I have two carpet sharks.  The
oldest is a dark sable male I fell in love with in July of '95 when he was
only six weeks old.  He was given the name Zorro because of his resemblance
to that dashing masked hero.  Just over a year later, my daughter Bronwyn
talked me into adding another ferret to the family when we were visiting a
pet shop.  Our pick was an eight week old MF butterscotch female who had a
penchant for biting...the first thing she did when each of us picked her up
was to try to taste us.  :) Because she was an exquisitely lovely little
girl who liked to bite, we named her Claudia, after the exquisitely lovely
little girl who liked to bite in "Interview With the Vampire." We were
worried about how Zorro would take to her after having been an only ferret,
but he loved her immediately.  He even let her win a few of their early
wrestling matches.  I'm really looking forward to finishing up my final
exams this coming week so I can go home to see my babies.

Lisa Carswell