From:
Barbkitty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 1995 18:34:18 -0500
Okay, I was missing an issue.  Don't know how because I *know* I didn't
erase it.

A lot of people say that if you get more than one ferret, the ferrets bond
more to the other animal, and not to the human.  Well, I'm not sure about
other ferrets, but since we got Psycho-kitty, Seymour has started wanting
my attention more than ever!  He loves the kitty very much.  He's chooked
more in the last few days than he has in the past month!  It makes me feel
bad that we didn't get him a playmate sooner!  As far as the humans go, be
it jealousy or pure joy, Seymour won't leave us alone.He's never been
incredibly affectionate before, so of course, I'm estatic!  When I come
home from school, he comes out from his napping place and finds me.  He'll
follow me around until I give him a few hugs and kisses.  When Iput him
down, he immediately initiates a game of chase.  We'll play awhile until
one of us gets exausted (ussually me...  okay, *always* me) then Seymour
starts playing with the new kid.  And the whole thing starts again when
Daddy gets home!  It used to be a few games from daddy each day, and an
occasional hug from mommy (yes, he does that adorable thing where he lays
his head on my toes and looks at me like 'hold me!') but now he wants games
AND lovin' from both of us!  I assume it's partly jealousy, because when PK
tries to get in the game, Seymour gets a little mopey.  But he chuckles so
much when the two furrballs are playing together, that I know he can't be
*too* upset over the arrival of our second child.

By the way, sometimes Seymour makes this really bizzare shrieking sound when
he's playing.  It wasn't described on the FAQ (at least not the way it
sounds to me).  He only does it when he's playing with other animals.  He
seems to use the sound to provoke the other animal, but I don't believe he's
being aggressive in a way that he means to hurt them.  It sounds kinda like
a sick parrot.  Along throaty sounding shriek.  Does anyone else's ferret
make this noise?  It's not the "fear shriek" we've heard that before, and
never want to hear it again!!!

                Bye-bye! Barb, Seymour, and PK

SEYMOUR- Sheez, mommy, don't you ever shut up?
MOMMY- Not unless my life is threatened if I don't.
SEYMOUR- I am Seymour of the Viking-Ferrets. If you do not be quiet, I shall
pillage your sock!
MOMMY- No, not my sock!!! AAAAAAaaaahhhh!!!!!!
PK- Like chill out, groovy ferret-dude...And pass the cat-nip.

P.S.  I noticed that someone has a ferret named Psycho.  Didn't mean to copy
yer name, but it's already kinda stuck!