Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2007 09:06:37 EDT
Laryssa - I read your post in regards to ferrets in Cleveland. Have you
looked for another apartment that is ferret friendly in the Cleveland
area? How about Parma? I am sure that there are ferret friendly places
out there. Some apartments don't want dogs because of barking and
soiling the carpeting (I am guessing here and not looking for flaming).
Ask the tenant specifically about ferrets and if they have a cage to be
in when they are not supervised that might work to your advantage...
also mention that they are litter trained if they are.

We decided way back when to rent half a house instead of an apartment
and they were pet friendly. We talked about helping you out but we have
two senior ferrets living with us now that would not handle a new face
very well... they couldn't handle the excitement.

As a LAST resort I would contact Jean at Ferrets Unlimited ferret
shelter. The only and I do mean only reason I say as a last resort is
she has so many babies to take care of as it is. She is so dedicated
to her ferrets and the proper adoption. Jean may be able to assist you
with info regarding pet friendly places. I am sure they are out there
it just takes a little bit of looking ;o)

Jean can be reached @ http://www.ferretsunlimited.org