Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2007 21:17:30 EDT
This is not the way I wanted to make my re-entrance to the Ferret
Mailing List. We have had a sick baby for a while and today @ 6:30 PM
EST the Count made his way to green pastures where ferrets still play.
I want to thank those that have helped us in our time of need. Linda I
and her friend Julie F who I called panicking late one night. God bless
you for helping me when you could. Please bear with me and I will tell
you about the Count.

When we brought him home so many years ago he would 'bark' like a dog.
His whole body would jerk from the power he put in his bark. He would
roll like he was doing summersaults. He was such a soft baby. He earned
the name Count... I am sure you know how. He was the Chomper. It was
always a pleasure to see him running down the hall with the look of
determination in his eyes.

The look that he had places to go and things to shred. He wouldn't use
a litter pan that was 'used'. If it was dirty in the least bit, he made
a mess next to it. After all... he was a prince and his feet best not
get dirty. He was so healthy for all these years then in February he
started having breathing problems. Off to the vet he went. He was to
receive Lasix 2x a day. He didn't mind the meds until recently. He
stopped eating solid food and we were giving him Carnivore care diet
along with AD and crushed food. He was reluctant to eat but with a
little coaxing he ate. We also had to give sub-q fluids. It is always
sad when you lose a friend. Today I lost a child if you will. He was my
baby. If there is someone that still looks on over the bridge, please
introduce the Count to Romeo and Juliet. I know they can be friends.
Thank you for understanding.

Dave