From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 21:45:43 -0500
Hi FML.  Elizabeth here, daughter of Bad Bob.  Dad had driven all the way to
some place in Indiana when we had to call him on the cell phone.  His mom
slipped in the shower and broke her hip and is having emergency surgery
tomorrow morning.  So dad is driving back to St.  Louis and will fly to
California.  I think he is very nervous about grandma, because his dad died
when he was measuring bones at a museum and he doesn't want to miss anything
again.  So dad has postponed his trip for a few days until after the
surgery.  I think they are going to put in a metal hip for her because she
has thin bones and they are afraid they will heal too slow or something.
Dad said grandma wasn't in danger or anything, but took grandpa's death
really bad (they were married 52 years) and needed lots of TLC that only a
son can give and so he had no choice but to go out.

Dad said his museum trips were bad luck this year and someone needs to lose
the voodoo doll.  So he said from now on, he was going out to visit people
and maybe drop by the museum for a short while in order to fool the "don't
measure the bones demons."

Sorry for dad missing people, but he will be back as soon as he can and then
he will start the trip over.  He said to tell the two ladies in Ohio not to
wait up for him.  I think they were Bev and Linda.

Elizabeth, daughter of Bad to the Bone Bob and picker upper of pooper