From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 1997 07:27:23 -0500
Hi FML!!  Elizabeth here, daughter of the Mighty Bone Bob!  I am home this
morning instead of running because it's daddy day, and Dad is taking Andrew
and me to KC for some "ribs and blues." Gloria and her boyfirend are also
going; she plays the flute and he plays the sax.  Dad keeps muttering he
doesn't even want to think about it.  Dad can play the bass guitar, Andrew
plays the french horn, I play the clarinet, and Josh plays the trumpet.  Dad
plays the bass because he says he can only pull four strings at a time.  I
tell him if he would stop pulling so many legs, he could work up to six
strings.

Anyway, dad is leaving tomorrow morning to got to the Smithsonian, so all
you FMLers please don't let him have spicy food, especially peppers!!  He is
really excited about meeting the east coast people for the first time,
especially two Bills and two Pams and I think a Ronald.  I don't exactly
know who they are, but he is looking forward to the get togethers.  He even
spent his last grant money on a digital camera, but I don't think he will
have it for a week or so.  He says its to shoot bones, but I have a feeling
more than one ferret will download into his laptop.

I can't wait until fall when my email account becomes my own.  I will also
have a long address like dad, but it will be mine, all mine, ma ha ha!  Then
I can really give dad a hard time!!  Until then, I will keep using his
account to embarass him from time to time.  Like, if you really want to
embarass dad, just ask him who the blond girl in the red mustang convertible
was.  I guarrantee he will blush!  He was stopped at a light in his new red
car I plan on stealing, and his hair was down.  He was looking at me,
talking when the girl drove up and whistled at him.  When he looked over,
she recognized him as the guy that tutored her in evolution.  She just about
died!  Best thing, I NEVER saw dad blush to his neck before.  He just waved
and turned right, even though we were supposed to go straight ahead.  Now,
all you have to tell dad I NEED that car!!

Dad stayed up all night taking care of Sandy.  She has gotten really sick in
the last few days.  Dad says he is sure she has a problem with her adrenal
glands (or something) and he says he has never seen it spread so fast.  For
sure, because a month ago, Sandy had all her hair, and now most of it is
gone.  Dad was suppossed to leave Sunday night, but is leaving after he
talks to the vet on Monday.  I promised him I would take special care of
Sandy while he was gone, and would take her to surgery for him.  He really
likes Sandy a lot, and I think he is afraid she might die like Buddy.  i
think its worse, because it took Buddy about half a year to lose all his
hair, and Sandy has lost hers in less than a month.  Dad says its reall
puzzling, because all the blood works comes back normal.  I hope Sandy gets
better because dad has made her really sweet.  She NEVER bites anymore, and
loves to wardance in the front room.  She hugs dads ankles when he walks
around the room.

All the ferrets absolutely love dad.  When he comes into the room and talks,
they all wake up to go out and see him, especially Bear and Chrys.  But all
the others do it to, just not immediately.  Sometimes its after a few
minutes.  Last night, dad and Shiguru were playing risk, and dad would
whistle and the ferrets would come and steal Shiguru's armies.  Shiguru
tried to get Hone interested in dad's armies, but it didn't work, because
dad had bribed him with fish jerky.  Later dad said he rubbed some ferretone
on Shiguru's armies and some pepper on his.  Dad is very tricky.

I wanted to tell Bob Jacobs how sorry I am about Kodo.  Dad is still really
angry.  I wanted to sell a dinner date, but dad said he would kill me
slowing by tickling if I did, so I think I will just bid for something.  Dad
said he would take pictures for people, and I would snap it up if I were
you, because dad has a wall full of awards for his pictures.  He calls the
pictures of the ferrets on his web site "for-fun snaps" and didn't put up
the really good ones.  And he isn't kidding, because I've seen his big
camera pictures of Bear and Moose.  They look like those old time Hollywood
shots, with sexy lighting and with everyone well groomed.  He once won all
kinds of big-wig awards for some pictures taken when he was shooting
overseas, but those I've never seen even though I've asked.  Anyway, I'm
very sorry about Kodo.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD!!!!

Elizabeth, daughter of the bone guy and picker upper of pooper.