From:
"Scarlet L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 2003 13:31:32 -0400
I'm sorry everyone.  I'm sitting here drinking my coffee and reading the
FML when there is yet another mud-slinging post about who has said what
about someone or what they have or haven't done.  I'm really getting
tired of it.  Right now I have two ferrets with lymphoma.  The days are
coming to a close for one of my sick babies.  I don't want to hear about
anyones dirty laundry anymore.  I joined this list seven years ago to get
info on how to take care of my babies and to meet people who have common
interests.  Don't some of you have personal email that you can take
advantage of if you feel the need to air your gripes?  I don't care about
who said what or who is right or wrong.  I care about comforting people
when they lose their ferrets.  I care about learning how I can be the
best parent to my fuzzies.  Maybe those responsible can create their own
list and they can mudsling to their heart's content.  Then the rest of us
can get back to the business of what's really important.  My heart breaks
a little bit more every day when I see the disease progress in my little
ones.  I come to the list for comfort.  Not to read poison posts.  Please
just stop.  Will it matter in five years?  How about five days?  The FML
is not the place for that.  Enough already.

Frustrated & heart-broken in AZ,
Jennifer

[Moderator's note: I'm embarrassed to say that I'm not sure which post
you refer to since there are a few candidates.  I'm guessing it's the
Metroferret one.  If so, I'm glad to see an official response from them
above.  BIG]