From:
Scott Sanfilippo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 08:43:57 -0500
Kat,

Thanks for posting on the FML concerning our product lines.  Yes, we did
at one point carry products that were handmade by different shelters.
About a year ago, all those shelters were contacted concerning a change
in the way product liability is handled.  Under our liability policy,
it is required that each vendor we carry maintain their own product
liability insurance along with us named as an "Additional Insured".
These shelters were given the opportunity to comply with that request.
Those that did, continued to have their products carried, those that were
unable to maintain product liability insurance, unfortunately, had to be
dropped.

This was not a decision made by TheFerretStore.com.  In the litigous
society we live in today, people can sue for just about any reason, even
for a defective pet product.  It may seem petty, but we are obligated
under our own liablity policy to make sure that each product we sell
also has coverage under the manufacturers policy.

TheFerretStore.com has been, and will continue to be committed to helping
shelters.  Thousands of dollars in product is dontated on an annual basis
to shelters in need.  We are very active in the ferret community
sponsoring shows, advertising at shelter events, providing product for
raffles and for use in the shelter, etc.  Additionally, many shelters
also take part in our website affiliate program where they earn a
percentage of each sale generated through a link on their website.  There
has never been a time when a shelter in need called upon us for help and
was refused.  You would be hard pressed to find other pet retailers out
there who do as much for ferrets as TheFerretStore.com does/has done
since 1995.

Again, thanks for writing and for continuing to be a customer of
TheFerretStore.com

Scott Sanfilippo
Chief Operating Officer
Neeps Inc., d/b/a TheFerretStore.com