Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 12:59:42 -0900
I have to agree with the comment made that allowing a ferret to terrorize
another house hold pet is not a fair or wise thing to do.  I am closely
monitoring my 3yo ferret (Angel Baby) and her attitude toward the kitten.
Sometimes Stormy disserves being given what for, jumping from the couch
onto Angel Babys back and wanting to kitten wrestle, but Angel Baby is more
than capable of cleaning the Stormys clock..and has.

I bought a couple of squirt bottles on the advise of my daughter, and now
get 'em both with a stream of water when the claws come out on the couch
(kitten) or the rug by the door is getting shredded,

Or when the ferret /kitten tussle gets two hard for the kitten..I do
remind the kitten that she will grow up to be much bigger than the
ferret, but Angel Baby is sometimes mean!

I just now fed and watered both of them.  Giving Angel Baby her food and
water while she was in her cage, she climbed out and headed for the
kittens food and water and kept the kitten away.

SQUIRT/time out

Meanwhile, my first grand-daughter Brandi, the now old lady red nosed
brindle pit-bull has come to stay with me while her parents move, and her
pup, 3 yo Tasha is visiting while mom and dad are on vacation.  Brandi
thinks she has first call on my lap when in the rocker..as a pup she was
always cold so I would wrap her in a blankie and rock her.  Now sitting in
the rocking chair me

Brandi's jaw would really be the end for the fert..but so far the ferret
has the upper hand.

mailto:[log in to unmask]
Portland OR

mommy to Stormy (silly kitten), Amelia, (Outside semi-feral tabby) and
Angel Baby (fuzzbutt..she's no Angel), grandma to Brandi (red-nosed
brindle pit-bull/lap dog), foster grandma to Tasha, 3yo Brandi pup
Come see the 80lb pit bull be chased by the 3lb ferret..watch her quiver
in fearthen mommy the baby kitten.